IMac G5 Garage Band Recording

Amped6

Okay well lets assume I know nothing about recording at all (because I don't) but I'm decent at guitar/singing/bass/kinda drums. I have the above mentioned computer the IMac G5 and I have Garage Band on it. This is all I have though and I don't know too much about Garage Band either. What I would like to do is record all of these instruments guitar lead and rythem and make a "song." All I know of that I would need is a microphone for my voice and the drums(might just use drums on Garage Band though) but I know nothing about what I would need pluging in the guitar and bass. Also could I record an acoustic onto Garage Band with the same microphone as the voice? Sorry I know nothing about recording but I'm really interested in it and I really want to learn so if you could please fill me in on that stuff and feel free to tell me other things that I didn't know to ask. Thank you.

Amped6 said:
thanks i'll do that but if anybody else has anymore information please feel free to let it out

Amped6- I was not trying to be snide or brush you off, but you asked for what amounts to a complete crash course on home recording using GarageBand.
Most of us don't have time to write out all your requests. There really is a ton of information about that program on the web. The Apple site has tutorials.
I steered you towards tweaks site because he offers a wealth of information to anybody thats new and needs the kind of information you requested.
Hope that helps- keep looking and you'll find GarageBand very fun to use.
p.s.- GarageBand comes complete with a PDF manual that will tell you how to use the program itself.

A mate of mine uses Garage Band with the mic on his apple notebook; results are nowhere near as bas as you'd assume. But buy a decent mic - shure sm 7 or something similar, an instrument dynamic for now. The drum samples on Garage band are pretty sweet and you can trigger synths with a computer keyboard i think.... maybe this'll give you a few ideas.

Back