I need a VISUAL Metronome / Click Track

I need to record a simple VIDEO performance of a song, involving just acoustic guitar and vocal.

My "internal tempo" keeps wandering (duh) but I can't use headphones to listen to a click track. This project is video/visual, and the headphones just won't do...

I record and mix using PreSonus StudioOne Pro v3.

Is there a way to set up a large VISUAL metronome to display on a laptop screen? If I could SEE it and not hear it, I think that would enable me to maintain tempo without negatively affecting the video image.

Thanks

I need to record a simple VIDEO performance of a song, involving just acoustic guitar and vocal.

My "internal tempo" keeps wandering (duh) but I can't use headphones to listen to a click track. This project is video/visual, and the headphones just won't do...

I record and mix using PreSonus StudioOne Pro v3.

Is there a way to set up a large VISUAL metronome to display on a laptop screen? If I could SEE it and not hear it, I think that would enable me to maintain tempo without negatively affecting the video image.

Thanks

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/images2500x2500/matrix_mr500_25331_matrix_metronome_1170773.jpg

We have something like that ^ somewhere with an LED. I thought it was a Boss but cannot find it on the web.

Easy-peasy electronics project, 555 timer chip, LED and a few Cs and Rs. All at Maplin ...Actually they might do a kit!

Dave.

Very good, Dave! Thanks for posting. :D

That LaserMetronome is a clever approach to the problem, but I'm hoping for a software solution that does something similar on a computer or mobile device screen. No extra equipment and little or no extra cost.

Frankly, I was hoping there might be a "VISUAL METRONOME" built into PreSonus Studio One v3... Something I haven't discovered yet.

Back