I need to make a decision on a sound card.

SPINSTERWUN

What should i do????

Should I purchase an "Emagic Audiowerk8" sound card list cost is $799.00 (but it is an in store demo for $199.00 and no drivers). Or should I purchase a new M Delta 44 or 66 for $279.00 to $349.00.

I will be receiving my new computer on Monday, so I need to make my decision soon.

The computer is:

Pentium III 667 MHZ
128 Meg of RAM
P 133 Bus
20 Gig HD

I will be using the computer and sound card for simple music production. So, I don't need a lot of ins and outs.

P.S. I believe I can download the drivers for the Audiowerk8 card off of the internet

I havent heard of the Audiowerk8 but I do have the Delta 66. If you just need to record up to two stereo tracks at a time (or three, with the SPDIF input) then the Delta 66 would be fine for you. I got mine at bayviewproaudio for $300.

Thank you very much for answering my question, dabluesman. :)

I think I will take your advice on that decision.:D

My first mind is telling me to purchase the Delta 66, plus with your added suggestion I think I have made my choice.

Man, I am so excited. Today, I am upgading my system. I am going from:

Pentium I 233MHZ
2 GIG 6400RPM Maxtor HD
64MB RAM
P 100 Bus

Into the computer I stated above in my first Thread.

Also, the new computers HD RPM is 7200 (Western Digital). :) I know that the increase in RPM's has got to make a difference.

P.S. I think this is the greatest web site ever created. It is helpful, insigthful, and at sometimes very humorous.

Plus, the courteous nature of the members is very refreshing, indeed.

I am happy to have become a member (newbie). :D

Back