I need to build a DAW...

heretic4u

Here we go another DAW thread but.......it has been all about the motherboard and processors and what works and what dosn't. So I think I can get custom help on where to buy and PLEASE don't send me to any info websites.. I just want to buy. I am planning to use Vegas Audio Pro and a fostex digital mixer. I need 512 mb. and be able to use windows 2000. I don't need a nice graphic card. Also it would be nice if there is a company that can build it for me with me choosing the parts.....or is there a website that can tell me where parts go and so things (Yeah I know I said no info sites but this is an exception). Also use easy to know words.

Heretic

any mainboards you are looking at? the asus cusl2c is still a great choice for music.

heretic4u said:
Also it would be nice if there is a company that can build it for me with me choosing the parts.

You'd be better off going to a local store that builds custom-made machines. It's not too much more expensive and they may give you a guarantee. Most companies will sell you pre-builts without a possibility to change parts.

The ProRec links are very good for building yourself.

Well...

As far as custom building goes... Sam's Computers is great... Click on their "Configurator" and you pick each and every part of the computer all the way down to the Cooling Fan... Their prices beat everybody else that I checked out... and I did my homework. :p

WATYF

Back