I have lost audio record option with SBlive

Toki987

Rock Steady
I recently installed Win2k, it sucked and the audio record option for my SBlive value went away. I installed the liveware pacakge with recorder in it twice but Sonar and the sounds tool in control panel did not reflect audio recording capacity. Sonar said "Sb live audio" would not work. I installed WinXP and I get the same thing, No audio record capability in Sonar XL. Has anyone been there before with this, and what did you do to resolve it?
Thanks,
Ken

That is often a problem if you don't have recent drivers for your soundcard. Try checking the SoundBlaster website for update drivers.

It also might be useful to eventually upgrade your soundcard.

The problem to be , after upgrading from w98 to w2k the origional creative recorder had gotten trashed and I lost the audio. I then upgraded to XP and I installed the liveware package trying to get it to work. It didn`t.
The liveware package checks for and attempts to upgrade an existing recorder first which it was doing but mine was corrupted from the OS upgrades. If there are no remnants of an older installation, only then will it install a complete recorder package. There are too many files and shared dll`s to remove all traces. So... I installed the SB16 card and a fresh package of sb16 software and drivers. Then removed the card, left the software, installed the Live! and ran the liveware package,..... recorder and everything works fine now.
Family is happy now, dog wags tail at me , I`m back to less than 5 packs of smokes, and can sleep more than 3 hrs.....

Back