I have an electric violin and i'm looking for computer effects for it ,details inside

fatfunk

i have a Yamaha Silent Violin SV-120s , and i can connect it to the PC , and hear myself playing on the speakers...and i'm looking for a software that i can play and hear myself at the sametime...and i can put some effects in it...like the Wah-Wah in electric guitar...but in a software.
thanks alot i hope that u can help me with this ;)

Lots of options, which are all marketed as guitar FX - Guitar Rig, GearBox, Pod Farm. Or get a DAW (recording software) and use plug-in effects.

i have a Yamaha Silent Violin SV-120s , and i can connect it to the PC , and hear myself playing on the speakers...and i'm looking for a software that i can play and hear myself at the sametime...and i can put some effects in it...like the Wah-Wah in electric guitar...but in a software.
thanks alot i hope that u can help me with this ;)

This is an indirect comment, but do you have a smartphone??? Cause wow, there is such fun stuff available as cheap apps. And if I played violin, I'd much rather be very mobile as I played... jacked to my iPhone, it is so cool what can be done now.

Is it a MIDI electric violin?
If so, you could go in to a DAW (like cubase or garageband) and change the "voices" (i.e. make your violin sound like an electric guitar, or a trumpet and so forth) if thats what you mean. You can even tweak each preset voice to your liking.

But I really don't know what exactly your talking about.

Looking at your comment again, Garageband would do all of that.

To hear yourself: Put on some headphones and click the "monitor" button on the track details.

To apply a wah-wah pedal on the violin track and use the automator feature in garageband (tutorials online, but it's very simple) to apply any of the bunch of pedals that garageband has.

So thats my opinion. And it doesn't have to be garageband, it could be a higher end DAW as well.

Not sure if thread necromancy is accepted here, but I couldn't find a more recent thread about this.

I'm currently looking into an electric violin for the purposes of both playing and recording silently in an apartment building. I'm mostly trying to get a sound that is remotely like an acoustic violin, but understand there's a limit on what you can achieve. I play an acoustic violin with a mute, but that thing isn't very enjoyable to play with. Normally I go to the library here once every two months to record, but it's hard to get it booked (and now it's closed for the unforeseeable future due to COVID-19)

I'm wondering if you guys have more up-to-date knowledge on how one might go playing and recording electric violin with a desktop PC? I've used the Line 6 toneport + Guitar Rig for my electric guitar needs, so something like that would be nice, especially since how easy it makes the recording itself. Most of the setups for recording electric violin appear to use an amplifier + microphone which would make too much noise for my flat.

If you set the system up and put headphones on - everyone I'm aware of is totally silent if you need it to be. Wrong routing, wrong monitor buttons or just you've not quite worked out how it works.

Back