how to route signal from my Vox VT20X to my laptop with reaper or samplitude studio

darky469

I have a vox vt20x modeling amp. I want to use the signal from that amp into my laptop for recording training tracks. The vox has an usb but it can't figure out how to activate the signal on the laptop. I'm using reaper or samplitude studio for recording. It works if I use the headphone output with mini jackplug into the mic input on the laptop. But if i do like this the sound comes only out my laptop , it disconnect the sound on my ampp because of using ? output. Therfore I still want to connect the vox with the internal usb so I can use all my presets on the vox for recording instead of a special guitar interface. Please anyone know how to do that ?

Last edited:
Btw , the software on the laptop for managing the Effects on the vox called toonroom . This is working very great so I know there is a connection with the usb port.

Btw , the software on the laptop for managing the Effects on the vox called toonroom . This is working very great so I know there is a connection with the usb port.

From a quick read of the user manual it does not seem to me that the Vox can be used as a full blown Audio Interface in the same way as the Blackstar ID series (cough!) and other modelling amplifiers can?

Your only option therefore seems to be to buy a modest AI, the Alesis i02 is excellent for the money and use a mic on the amp. If you can gain access to the amp's speaker terminals you could use a high level DI box such as made by Behringer? Again this would need to go through an AI.

Or...Buy a Blackstar!

I have to say it seems very remiss of Vox NOT to provide duplex recording capability? I could be wrong!

Dave.

Back