how to multiply drums, hamsters, ants???

B

bigfootangel

aloha dears,
how are you. i hope you are doing well..

guys, how to multiply sounds so it appears like a big band of particular instruments or voice choruses?
how to make one drum sound like a hoard of drummers? or one voice like a big chorus of singers? i guess some kind of multiplication and some pitch variations need to be applied, right?
how do you guys do that if needed?

danke , gracies
god bless

samm

Just play the parts a bunch of times and record them. There is no magic.

sure. what about apocalyptic mass scenes of hundred/s of drums or voices or bells etc? special effects FX kinda .. thnks

Again, I would get a few people together to play/sing the parts and just record them a bunch of times.

If you get 4 people singing around a mic, recorded 5 times, that's 20 people. Each time you take another pass, have the people switch harmony parts. Take all of those takes and spread them around the stereo field. Add reverb, if they need to sound far away.

Again, I would get a few people together to play/sing the parts and just record them a bunch of times.

If you get 4 people singing around a mic, recorded 5 times, that's 20 people. Each time you take another pass, have the people switch harmony parts. Take all of those takes and spread them around the stereo field. Add reverb, if they need to sound far away.

you are abolutely right. 20people! and if you add lots of beer and vodka, you wont need a pitch shifter and modulation effects.
im sure im gonna make a big summer party, oh.. i mean a recording session.

thanks mate

sammy

Actually, applying pitch-shifting is kind of helpful in the tracking phase.
The more people you have, obviously the easier it is for them to sound like a crowd in a few takes.
If it's just you, you're still going to sound like yourself even with a lot of layers. However, if you speed up or slow down the track while you're recording it (5-10%), it will automatically pitch shift your voice and give you different tone. Throw a few of those in for variety.

Actually, applying pitch-shifting is kind of helpful in the tracking phase.

if you speed up or slow down the track while you're recording it (5-10%), it will automatically pitch shift your voice and give you different tone. Throw a few of those in for variety.

what exactly do you mean? how to slow down or speed up while recording? cubase?
thnks

I'm not sure in cubase. In reaper, there's a playback rate slider at the bottom. (So you can drop the rate by 5%, do the take, and when you set playback to normal again, your new take will be pitch/tempo shifted up)

There may be some tutorials that work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bqEGJZR6IQ

There are probably others. Google "cubase playback rate" to start with

There's a plugin that does this, but Farview has the most sensible solution: Just play the same thing over and over and over and over.

For the lazy (but deliciously geeky) way out: QuikQuak Crowd Chamber

wow its really cool. especially voice.. i've downloaded eval copy. the price is sweet aswell. thanks mate

life is a learning process, so best wishes for this new school year to everyone!

jesus bless

samm

Back