How many audio tracks with SBLive

Kellie's Dad

I'm trying to put together a "starter" system and was told by someone today that SoundBlaster Live will only play back 2 audio tracks at once. Is this correct?

This is incorrect. The SB Live only has stereo outputs, left and right, if that is what the person meant. But it will play back as many tracks (at once) as you have loaded in your sequencer/tracker.

It's still not a good card for digital audio. The AD/DA converters are low quality. For audio you are better off with one of the M-Audio Audiophile or Echo Mia cards if you can afford them ($180-200).

The Live is good for MIDI, however. I use two cards: M-Audio and Live.

The SB Live can only RECORD a stereo signal at one time, but as far as playback, that will be dependent on your system, primarily the hard drive.....the software you pick may also limit the number of tracks you can use within it.....

are you building from scratch?...if so, you may wanna post a budget in $$$ and breifly descibe what you want to accomplish.....as the resident cheapskate, i can show you where to cut $$$ corners without taking away too much quality....the old saying "getting 90% of the quality for 50% of the price"...one of the knuckleheads here said it now its in my mind......

some of the guys here no so much about putting together computers that its sick.....

Good Luck,

Aly's Dad

ok, tdukex, ya got me....

...im a slow typer...or typist.....person who types.....

Back