How to get sound from both guitar and computer from the same speakers?

bigbadvoodoo

Hi! I recently started playing guitar again after many years of not playing at all. I have this very old line 6 guitar port that i bought around 12 years ago that i have connected to my computer. I use amplitube and asio4all to get the guitar sound from my computer speakers. The problem is that i can only get the sound from my guitar and nothing else at the same time.

I would really like to be able to play along to audio files, youtube, spotify etc. Do i need some extra hardware/software to be able to do this? I would be super grateful for any help.

Thank you!

Maybe. What You are describing is the very definition of "mixing". multiple inputs are "mixed" together, and sent to one output. Depending on your computer you should be able to do this with software. Many modern computers already have some sort of "mixing" capability software built in but you might have to hunt for it.

I figured out how to get 'computer sound -like you tube etc, into the DAW on RME's Total mix- not difficult once I got the right info, but it wasn't intuitive like I'm used to :>)
Now, how to get that (pc sound, audio files etc + the line6. > This would be like the Line6 as an audio interface correct?
I've not tried a combination like this. So this is just going to be some best guesses.
'Audio files could certainly be saved and imported into a DAW, or PC sounds recorded into into it.
That would make for one simpler solution.
Otherwise doing it 'live I would guess might involve some combination of configuration and 'live input monitoring(? And perhaps some interesting 'latency issues thrown in?

Thanks for answering! Seems this problem is much harder to fix than i had hoped. I really don't know much at all about these things. I think i'm using the guitarport as an audio interface. What i would like the most is to be able to be able to play along to youtube videos, the rest isn't very important but would be nice. I think i heard that focusrite scarlett has something like live input monitoring, could this solve my problem you think?

Yes. Many of the small interfaces have line level inputs for a cd player or other source. They make dedicated boxes for jamming along with an rca input that would b cheaper and easier if u aren't recording. Zoom stuff practice amps etc often have this feature

Back