How can i record from "Line IN" and "Mic IN" at the same time ?

underp

In the Recording settings of Windows, i only can choose 1 recording source at a time.

I mean, i have:

Line IN
CD Audio
Microphone
Phone Line
etc.

Windows allows to choose only one source at a time by selecting them with a small arrow.

How can i choose various sources and record from them at the same time ?

Is there any way to unblock this limitation in windows ?

More info would probably help in our answering your question:
  1. What version of Windows?
  2. What soundcard/interface are you using?
    [/list=1]

I'm pretty certain you can't. Even though it shows line in and mic in as two separate things, on onboard and consumer stereo sound cards, they're typically the exact same thing, with the mic in just routing through an extra amp stage. Seeing them as two entities in your volume mixer is quite a bit different from having multiple input devices identified in your control panel.

underp said:
so, basically, i'ts imposible to do ?

On an integrated/consumer-level soundcard, pretty much impossible.

wich sound card, support multiple recording inputs ?

There are many, many soundcards that will do that for you. What's your budget? You can go from a bit over a hundred bucks to thousands!

I just need a simple sound card with dolby 5.1 support al least.

no more than 100$, i don't care if they come OEM.

underp said:
I just need a simple sound card with dolby 5.1 support al least.

no more than 100$, i don't care if they come OEM.

As far as I know, you're not going to find a multi-channel card that's also a computer entertainment card. You might want to track one channel in the "left" side of your stereo input and the other to the "right."

Otherwise, you can buy a cheap DAW card and try to make it work with your consumer-entertainment card that you already have.

Back