hooking amp to pc

doogieross

Hello, im new at home recording and I got a couple of questions. First let me tell ya what I got, I have the mustang 1 v2 amp and the free version of studio one on my computer. I currently have my amp hooked straight up to my computer and I can record that way but all the sound comes out of my computer speakers and its real muzzled and fuzzy and just sounds like crap. So my question is how can I get my studio one software to record whats coming straight out of my amp and not go through my computer speakers. I know if my amp had a line out I could do that but it dont, so what can I buy thats cheap and has a line out, or what our your suggestions on what I should do and not spend alot of money. Thanks, doogie

Do you like the sound coming from your amp without connecting it to the computer (BTW, how are you connecting it, if you don't have a line out)

Anyway, if you like your amp tone, you need to buy a USB interface like a Steinberg UR22, or Focusrite Scarlet 2. and an sm57 microphone. You'll also get some better software with those interfaces. An interface will cost you 150.00 the mic will cost you 100.00. You can go cheaper on an interface like Tascam, but most aren't worth it.

specs say the amp has a usb interface; hopefully youre using that.

"all the sound comes out of my computer speakers and its real muzzled and fuzzy and just sounds like crap."

ok, the basic soundcard for computer has 40cents worth of chips for beeps, boops and gaming. Computer speakers are made for gaming too, not music production.

You need to get some basic info on how to set up a music computer and start getting some gear. Not terribly expensive these days but you'll waste a lot less money if you get some knowledge first.

Back