Hook up two US-20x20 with toslink

Lania

First time posting. I only own an audio interface by Tascam: the US-20x20 and a lot of synths.
I love it. Sounds good, works perfectly.
I have two questions:
1) Is it possible to hook up two units? I need to add analog inputs. I already own an optical converter device. I can add 8x analog synthesizers. Unfortunately, this device has a low quality. It generates a hiss noise. I would use the second US-20X20 as this device connecting it only with the toslink. Will this work?
2) Can IN1 and IN2 only accept Mic and/or guitar? I don't sing and I only use my bass from time to time. I mostly use my synthesizers so those two are two inputs less for me to use...

Thanks in advance for your input!

Regards,

Lania

First time posting. I only own an audio interface by Tascam: the US-20x20 and a lot of synths.
I love it. Sounds good, works perfectly.
I have two questions:
1) Is it possible to hook up two units? I need to add analog inputs. I already own an optical converter device. I can add 8x analog synthesizers. Unfortunately, this device has a low quality. It generates a hiss noise. I would use the second US-20X20 as this device connecting it only with the toslink. Will this work?
2) Can IN1 and IN2 only accept Mic and/or guitar? I don't sing and I only use my bass from time to time. I mostly use my synthesizers so those two are two inputs less for me to use...

Thanks in advance for your input!

Regards,

Lania

Let me see if I have this right Lania?

You want to use a 20-20 to feed another 20-20 via optical (ADAT) with 8 tracks?
You have another 8 track analogue to ADAT converter but it is noisy so you want to bin that?

If the above is correct it boils down to whether the interface will run "stand alone" as an ADAT converter. I don't know but someone here might but a (clearer!) email to Tascam should answer that.

Has to be said, excellent though the Tascams are, seems a lot of money to just grab synth signals? The Behringer ADA8200 is said to be a very good second generation device.

Dave.

Back