Home recording: Is my computer ok?

Missdrama

I would like to buy the Audiobox Presonus (Audio Interface) + Audio Technica at2020 (microphone). My computer is a HP Pavillion dv5 Intel Core Duo, 4GB RAM, 2GHz, 32bit. I just need to record my voice, will i have recording problems? I don't know if my laptop is good enough for recording.
Thank you.

You should have no issue with that setup if you take steps to optimize the lappy for recording. You will likely run out of resources if you start using VSTi's and a bunch of effects when mixing.

Good enough for recording; yes. To what level you wish to go is more the question.

Thanks for answering me. :)
I don't expect a professional audio quality. I just want to hear my voice clearly and i will just use a little bit of reverb. I'm a youtuber and i upload cover, i wanted to improve the audio quality. Btw my computer won't crash while recording, right?
PS: What's VSTi?

If you are just recording voice you wont run out of headroom on that setup. My macbook is 4 gigs and 2.5 ghz and It doesn't give me trouble even when I am working with 15-20 tracks and a bunch of busses. A VSTi is a software/midi instrument. Those can eat up headroom quickly.

Back