[SOLVED] Help?! Stop consecutive recording in tracktion 6?

ZOMBLUE

HIYA,

Using Tracktion 6 (chosen because it easily works in conjunction with & shares input/outputs with other programs for recording like karaoke etc.)- I've been using this with my Allen & Heath ZED 16FX, recording the single karaoke tracks fine, but ran into a snag when recording multiple tracks. Every track I've recorded (one by one) ALSO records onto it ALL PREVIOUS Tracks - makes for a jumbled mess lol. Doesn't matter if they're muted, it still adds them all.
I see an option when right clicking to set up tracks "assign all inputs to consecutive tracks" - but can't see any way to STOP that from happening?? If I click that option nothing discernible happens.

I hope someone can help because Ive watched the tutorial videos over n still can't find anything addressing this issue. Through PC win10, updated clean & fast, no issues with computer or my connection from the mixer (usb). Thanks in advance!

The 12FX USB can only record a single stereo track so "assign all inputs to consecutive tracks" seems to make little sense to me since you only have TWO inputs? But I don't know Tracktion.

Dave.

Mmm yeah - I don’t know Tracktion well either- would LOVE to learn how to turn that “assign all inputs to consecutive tracks” off, or maybe it’s not the problem as I can’t find any documentation to say exactly WHAT that even means for sure - but something sure is whacked lol

The 12FX USB can only record a single stereo track so "assign all inputs to consecutive tracks" seems to make little sense to me since you only have TWO inputs? But I don't know Tracktion.

Dave.

Well, I've rewatched everything I can find about recording with this DAW. I've posted this question a coupla places, but no responses, so I tried here... sigh - It seems like a setting somewhere is wonky, but I'm spending WAAAAY Too much time messing with this rather than actually recording anything - Dampens the FLOW ya know? - about ready to go to a standalone recording option like the Zoom L-12 or something on that order. (But of course I have to save up a bit lol),,, in the meantime, I'm open to suggestions to try etc.

I've recorded almost 200 songs on my old equipment, which is sadly outdated now - and was a professional musician/recording artist that traveled and played across the country my entire life. I've been recorded on Vinyl/cassettes and dvds thru professional studios. Owned and ran my own bands/PA/studio before that - and NOTHING was as hard as trying to get a good recording through my mixer n PC!!

It's still a case of RTFM...

And I don't know which manual, even. I don't know anything about Tracktion, but I do know the ZED. Make sure you're sending the right channels to the computer.

Verify if USB rtn (on stereo channel 3) is set to zero. UNLESS you are also sending some tracks from the computer to the mixer.

You should also use the AUX send bus 1 or 2 to send one channel to the computer. That way, only the mixer channel where you open the AUX gain will be sent to the computer and the rest of the mixer will respond as a typical analog mixer you're used to.To do so, push the AUX 1-2 button, just below the USB connector. You'll still have AUX 3 to send to effects.

But, this is all without keeping routing in Tracktion in mind. Can't help you with that, sorry.

It's still a case of RTFM...

And I don't know which manual, even. I don't know anything about Tracktion, but I do know the ZED. Make sure you're sending the right channels to the computer.

Verify if USB rtn (on stereo channel 3) is set to zero. UNLESS you are also sending some tracks from the computer to the mixer.

You should also use the AUX send bus 1 or 2 to send one channel to the computer. That way, only the mixer channel where you open the AUX gain will be sent to the computer and the rest of the mixer will respond as a typical analog mixer you're used to.To do so, push the AUX 1-2 button, just below the USB connector. You'll still have AUX 3 to send to effects.

But, this is all without keeping routing in Tracktion in mind. Can't help you with that, sorry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the response! I DO have the AUX 1-2 set (pushed in) but didn't have the Aux3 pushed in, it's out (should I change that?) - also should I be turning off the Aux 1-2-3 knobs on the channels i'm not sending a signal from? I leave them on as I do Karaoke and use them for monitoring, but I can change that.

I have a great signal to the DAW, just have this damn overdubbing on each consecutive track messin me up. I also noticed today that the Tracktion program updated from version 6 to 7 and some of my settings were changed. My inputs were taken off of input usb codec (input N output) to direct sound and primary soundcard, so I'm just now changing them back & we'll see what that does. I wasn't aware of this change until I got lookin deeper yesterday in the settings.

I appreciate your input - still searching for the right settings I think on the daw? I'll keep ya posted lol PEACE!

It looks like you have the ZED setup in order. Leave the AUX 3 as it is. You don't need to send that to the computer.

Have you had a look in the Tracktion preferences if there is a setting for overdubbing?

A pdf version of the manual can be handy, as you can search for "overdubbing". A lot of manuals aren't great, as hardly anybody reads them, so the manufacturers don't pay much attention.

Does your input window look like this? Make sure you haven't checked Enable/Disable all devices for recording.

34v2Vsv.jpg

Does your input window look like this? Make sure you haven't checked Enable/Disable all devices for recording.

View attachment 102379
1523489568560.jpeg

Thank you and yes mine is set like that, actually I found the problem after a lot of trial & error. When Tracktion updated from 6 to 7 it changed the input settings, to something I hadn't seen before and since I was new to the software I missed it - until today - so ... YAY! I got it ! It was a setting. My A&H doesn't have any drivers to download (yes I'm sure lol) so since the version change - Instead of setting ASIO as the Audio Device Type, it has to be set at Direct Sound, and the Output & input are USB Codec (so that part is the same. Anyway it's all working now. Thanks so much for your input though!

Back