Help picking new laptop for recording!

McShredsAlot

So I've been looking around for a new laptop for recording. My current laptop is an HP DV6. I5 with a 250gig hd. 4gigs of ram. And it really just isn't cutting it. Once I have all of my vsts and plugins going it starts lagging and cutting out. So what I'm looking for is a laptop with an i7 processor, 6-8gigs of ram, and 750gig hard drive. I'm not asking you guys to find one for me. Just seeing if there are any specific brands, or sites that would be good. My limit is $1000 so a MB pro isn't an option haha. I want a laptop because of portability, and I will be using it when I attend music school in the fall. Thanks guys!

I bought an i7 Lenovo via their mail order site last November and so far have been totally happy with it. I can happily mix 32+ tracks with a variety of real time effects. The HDD and fan are nicely quiet--no problem recording in the same room as the laptop. Not all models, but the one I bought has a cardbus slot I can use for Firewire with the right adaptor if that's ever an issue for you.

I don't know what the price would be where you are but it's worth looking into.

Back