Help! No audio from Mbox 2 Pro after upgrades

soundgydez

I'm running a mac book OS X 10.6.3 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM
Signal chain is Computer to Mbox, Mbox to external hard drive ran with firewire.

I have been running Logic 8 through a Mbox 2 Pro for about 3 years. No problems.
Two weeks ago I bought Native Instruments Studio Drummer only to find out that I needed to upgrade to Snow Leopard from Leopard to run it. I updated the computer but it started running really slow and I couldn't run a session with Studio Drummer b/c it ate too much RAM. But as long as I didn't run Studio Drummer the session would play just fine. To combat this, I upgraded the RAM from 1GB to 4GB. Now I have no audio output from the Mbox 2. If I change the audio playback from the Mbox to the internal speakers from within Logic it works fine. Just nothing from Mbox. I check in the system profiler and the computer is recognizing both the mbox and the external hard drive that are connected. Neither the HP out or the Monitor out have audio. I have no input signal either. And yes, I checked to make sure all my cables are properly connected.

Just for kicks I opened up a protools session that I had and it kept asking me to adjust the hardware buffer. I went through every setting, and not luck. The session is only a couple scratch tracks. No processing or plugins being used.

Is it possible that the processor can't handle the new RAM? Everything else seems to work just fine. Better than fine actually. The computer is running really fast now.

So in summary...
leopard with 1 GB RAM - works
Snow leopard with 1GB RAM -works, but slow
Snow leopard with 4 GB RAM works fast, but no audio out of Mbox.

Any thoughts?

I'm preparing to use an Mbox 2 Pro on my MacBook Pro, so I'll probably be troubleshooting soon too. But the only thing that occurs to me is that maybe you need to download a new driver for Mbox 2 Pro? Really just a guess. Good luck!

Back