Help with new interface

magicturtle

Hello guys! I need some help choosing my first audio interface. I want, like a hobby of sorts, make some radio dramas (maximun 2 or 3 mics) and to record myself singing (i'm a tenor, and would want to hear myself to make some corrections to pronunciation and stuff).

I've doing my homeword and reading some posts on this forum, and i've narrowed it down to: FocusRite Saffire Pro 24, FocusRite Saffire 6 or FoscusRite Scarlet 2i2, the PreSonus AudioBox USB 2x2 or some TASCAM unit (us-200? us600? not quite sure yet). I've heard those FocusRites got some good preamps for the mics, but not quite sure if it's worthy enough to buy the Saffire Pro 24, or overkill. What do you think about?

Just for context, i live in Venezuela. In here the government got a limit on how many dollars you can spend each year. Right now the limit's set at $400. I want to buy one mic, and the interface, and expand in the future. Which do you think is better option? buying a $250 interface and a 100$ mic, or a $100 interface and a $250 mic?

Thanks in advance guys!

Back