Help me resolve Sonar and USB Audiophile issue

Toddskins

Somebody, please, help me resolve the remaining issue(s) with my new USB Audiophile and Sonar v.1.3.

First, the specs: I use a Dell Inspiron 5000 Laptop PIII 650 with WIN 98SE, and it runs great. Then, Sonar 1.3 and it runs fine, too. I have installed the Drivers for my new USB Audiophile and that all went smooth. No problems listed in the Device Manager.

Next, I am successfully controlling my Kurzweil K2500XS synth from Sonar, via the USB Audiophile.

(I've run the Wave Profiler, fine... set the Multimedia folder for WIN 98SE to use the USB Audiophile, fine.... and within Sonar, have the USB Audiophile selected for my MIDI device IN / OUT, and also in the Audio section, too.)

Problem: I can send MIDI signals out (to my Kurzweil and make music), but cannot seem to get the signal back into my Audiophile thereby into Sonar, as a return.

There is no sound in the Headphones port (when I run the sound from my Mackie Mixer board to the Audiphile Ins, regardless if it is 1/4" signal or RCA).

Also, in Sonar (like another user wrote, too), I am unable to select an Audio Track and arm it for recording. The input list reads "none".

I have the USB Audiophile profile (taskbar) setup properly, too, I believe. No S/PDIF switches are on.

I'm hoping it is some simple switch I am not setting as to why I cannot seem to get audio back into the Audiophile for my use.

Anyone???

Thanks,
Todd

Resolved!

I did not give up and discovered one last thing to try, and it worked.

Cakewalk.com's tech forum had an answer that seemed remote, but was the actual trick. I needed to set all the parameters (16bit @ 44.1kHz) in both the Sonar and the Audiophile to the same exact numbers before the drivers would get recognized inside of Sonar.

I can now finally start the recording process. Yay!

Back