help on installing audiophile24/96 drivers

jwgeetar

hey all,

well i got this card today and am trying to install the drivers on my win2k system. i'm going through the install wizard and i get a restart nod and i do. i've installed a lotta drivers on computers before but this one ain't happy. first of all:

1-do i need to remove my other (regular)soundcard first?and it's drivers?

2-is there a particular driver on the ap24/96 cd i need to use?(i chose the 4x4 midi usb)

i won't spend the next hour listing eveything i've done but i wanna know are there any shortcuts or problems i need to be aware of?

thx

1 - no you can leave the other card in...if youve never installed 2 cards in one system before, though, it may be best to pull the old one out and get the Audiophile working first....there are IRQ issues that sometimes arise with two cards.....

2 - oops, wrong driver...check the manual...on mine it was under DeltaSeries/Delta9X (im running Windoze 98)...

you may wanna go to the website and download the newest driver before you even start......

thanks gidge, always very helpful. i kinda assumed the drivers for win2k would be included with the cd---not!

i went to the site and can't tell which card i have for the right drivers. like delta series,midiport,? it's the delta right?

thanks jd,that sets it in stone. i wis there was a readme file cause win2k aint happy with these puppies. onward thru the fog....

oh man, well i put the wdm512125.exe drivers on a floppy and pointed my wizard there. it asked to restart and it reboots to a blue screen---yikes! it said that it had fixed the bluescreen problem right there on deltas site.wtf?
onward thru the fog....

Last edited:
Good luck with the new drivers, and keep us posted of your progress. I couldn't get the latest drivers (5.12.1.25) to work right on my Win2K machine. I had to revert back to the 5.12.1.19 drivers and then it was hell getting my machine back to a working configuration. Midiman's Tech support is pretty helpful though if you have to contact them.

Ryan

Did u uninstall the old or incorrect drivers before installing the new ones? M-Audio will you themselves to always uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones... even if they are just an update...

I use the new 5.12.1.25 drivers on both Win2kSP2 and WinXPSP1 with no problems at all

thanks guys. yea, i gave up at 2am.lol i was trying to get lucky i guess. i have been a good driver installer---usually. oh well,3 blue screens in one night was enough i'll go to their site for help.

note: i didn't have any drivers installed for this card except the latest one's. "not counting" the phillips card/drivers still installed from my other card.

thx again,will keep ya posted.

hey guys, got'em installed after removing my other card/drivers.

i fire up my n-track and i can record(dubbing cassette) to n-track.
when i try to play it back i get:

"Error opening wave output device. try to execute the full duplex test via the preference/wave device's"

are there any settings that i am missing?

in the wave device's setting i have:

"1-WDM:Multichannel Delta AP" highlighted

thanks for the help

ok, i went here. http://www.midiman.net/driversearch2.php

i downloaded the 5.12.1.25 and i can hear my mp3's until i get a major distrtion going.clears up,then distortion,clears up,etc. also when i tried recording guitar/vocals into n-track---same thing.

then i uninstalled those and installed the 5.12.1.9 drivers. they show up with the midiman mixer but i get a"soundcard being used by another source" error. NO SOUND!

i changed pci slots. what else is it? i know most of you with this card have been through this.

1-do i have the right drivers?
2-are there adjustments i need to make in win2k?
3-do i need to delete something out of the registry?

help, thanx again

ps:oddly enough,the sound recorder in windows works great recording guitar or dubbing cassettes.

Back