Help with getting 8 simulatneous sequencer midi tracks into Cubase or Logic at once

I have a Korg T3 here (basically the same as an M1 in terms of familiarity) - I have been trying to dump a sequenced song from the keyboard to Cubase or Logic (have tried in both) onto 8 midi tracks. I assign the midi channels inside the T3 to correspond to the midi track channels (1-8). If I record enable them in the DAW, the midi tracks all wind up garbled together and record the same information onto all tracks. I test this by monitoring the keyboard audio output as I'm trying to send the data to the DAW. Basically, what should be simple turned out to not be. I automatically assumed that if you set your midi channels in the keyboard per track, and those make 8 midi tracks in the DAW with separate midi channels, it should all play nice, but it doesn't. I'm either doing something wrong, or this is not as easy a task as it should seem. If I were to record them individually I think it works. I say I think because I honestly don't remember the outcome when I tried that. I've also tried setting the midi channel to any and only using 1 track and it works that way but now my tracks are combined...

It would be even cooler if there were some way to convert the sequenced song into a .mid file or something but the keyboard doesn't appear to have that capability.

Anyone understand what I'm aiming for and how to do this? I'm doing it to preserve the sequences long term.

Two thoughts:

You have set the midi channels inside the T3. For recording into, say, Logic, you may need to arm the appropriate midi tracks and their channels for recording.

Or, even if the midi all gets recorded garbled together on one track, I expect that the channel information is still there, and I think there is a 'demix by channel' option somewhere in Logic.

Back