Help configuring E-MU 0404?

moonbaby

I'm a novice to audio recording... trying to configure a simple set up to help me with work on vocals and keys. I bought an E-MU 0404 sound card and a little PreSonus TUBEPre preamp. I only have regular old crap computer speakers for the time being so I'm keeping my old sound card installed (SB Live) as well as there's no connection for computer speakers on the Emu card.

Ok, so I installed the Emu card and it appeared to install fine. I'm clueless how to really use the Patchmix DSP Application that came with it so I have no way of verifying that the card is even working that I know of.

I have everything configured within Windows (XP) and each recording software I've tried to use the SB Live as the output for playback and the Emu as input. But it's not recording anything. It doesn't detect any input.

I have the preamp plugged into the L-Input (have tried the R-Input) on the Emu, and the mic plugs directly into the preamp. I've tested the preamp/mic setup through a regular amp so I know everything's good there. I have no idea what other configuration I might be missing, but I'm frustrated at this point and in dire need of help getting this setup to work. Help? Any suggestions?

Back