help: cd player is not playing

CyanJaguar

I restored my computer from the cd I got from the manufacturer. Everything was working except that I couldnot play cds and I couldnot extract in soudforge.

Siren said that my ASPI layer was damaged, so I got a new one from the adaptec website.

Now , I can extract the cd from soundforge, but neither media player nor siren play the Cd even though you see that cd info in media player

help please.

Although you've given no indication that you've had the computer apart, it sounds like a missing cable. There's a small 3 or 4 wire cable that connects your sound card to your CD player. Check to make sure that's still connected. (wouldn't it be great if it were that easy) :cool:

check to see how your sound card(s) are configured in the control panel. If i do a full restore on my HP, the software restores the soundcard to it's default settings & I have to adjust the settings so I can use my delta card in lieu of my soundblaster card.

Go to Control Panel>Sounds & Multimedia>Audio & check to see if your settings are correct for whatever soundcard you are using

thanks for the replies.

I dont think that the delta 1010 needs a cable to the CD player to work. I have never connected one before.

I also have the delta 1010 output selected in the control panel. I am using wavout 7/8 in the sounds and multimedia

Back