Help!

Uladine

I need a link to a PC help bbs if anybody knows one. I installed the hard drive from our old PC onto our new one, and at first it sarted up fine, but then I tried to do the "detect new hardware" thing and nothing happened, so I rebooted in safe mode, and every program that opens on startup suddenly activated winzip! So I had like 10 winzip windows on my screen. I got rid of them thinking it was some wierd thing and rebooted normally, and there they were again! almost every time I try to open a program winzip pops up as if the program were a zipped file! Internet explorer is the only program that didnt activate winzip. Did the old drive have a virus? I dont have any anti virus software so I dont know how to get rid of it if thats the case. when I hit ctrl+alt+delete the only programs running are explorer and IE. HELP! I dont want to reinstall windows if I dont have to. I dont even know if I can open my CD burning software to back everything up. :( :( :(

there are many computer saavy people here at the BBS so someone will probably be along shortly to help ya....

Did you make a start up disk?....Back up your drive?

Try this link for help
Or contact the manufacturer.
Do NOT re-format your drive.
This will wipe it clean of all data.

There are other links for help at this site as well.

Good luck.

Thanks guys. I found the startup disk that came with the CD. I thought it would erase all my programs I installed since purchasing the computer but I was lucky. Its just that now I need to download updates of a bunch of programs to bring them back to par with where they used to be.

Back