Help!

cat mantra

Hi all. I've just installed Acid Pro on my comp, and ALL I want to do, is record vocals over a wav/track.

It seems that no matter WHAT I do, the vocal I have just recorded plays back slightly faster than the track, and goes out of time after a few bars. I have turned beatmapping off, I'm on one-shot record. So it should play back just as I recorded it.. shouldn't it???

I've spent the last 3 hours just counting in.. '1 2 3 4' over the master track. And EVERY time it comes back AHEAD of time.

ARGH!

I'm not a user of your particular DAW, but it seems your vocal may be synced to a tempo setting within your DAW. I really can't help you, but I'm sure someone here will. :D

I hope so Jimmy. Err.. what's a DAW..?! I'm using sonic foundry acid pro. I thought I had turned off the sync by using 'one shot' recording, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Digital Audio Workstation. Any software that allows recording to a computer, would be considered a DAW. Cubase, ProTools, Acid, would be considered DAW's.

I could only hypothesize as to what your issue is. Another member will get you figured out. Just give it a bit of time.

Thanks to someone on rival forum homerecordingconnection.com FIXED! It was a hardware problem. Stupid Soundblaster soundcard. (In bin.) ;-)

Back