Help

blackdiscoball

all right I dont know if anyone can help me or maybe has had this problem but Im stumped? I am using a newer dell with a pentium4 512 ram, and I am using the stock sound card (just bought the computer and cant afford a new one yet) and Im recording using Vegas audio. The problem Im having is that if I record sometimes it seems that after a minute or two of recording what I have recorded is slightly off. For example, I tried to record some tambirin. At the begging of the song the tambirin is in sinc with the guitar and the rest of the music but half way throught it starts to get off and its only slightly then you realize that its off and it sounds horrible. It has also happened on vocals and like I can move the second verse down alittle and it will all sinc up but if I dont physcally move the second verse the first will sinc up and the second willnt, its driving me NUTS. I never had this problem on my families old sony vaio but this new one thats just for recording is giving me all kinds of problems. PLEASE HELP!

I had a similar problem with an onboard soundcard. The problem disappeared when I got a US122.

...yeah...it basically sounds like a latency issue with your sound card....or maybe your soundcard driver.....but if it's the soundcard that came with you Dell....I would look at replacing it....Delta 66 are reasonable and cheap...

I have to to replace it but just dont have the money right now. I thought it was latency at first to but the weird thing is that its all right at the beggening but you can here it start to almost slow down or something because it slowly starts getting behind the rest of the song? It drives me nuts but I guess Its incintive to get another sound card fast so I dont have to deal with it. Still if anyone has any ideas im open for suggestions, I thought it was weird cuz our sony has the built in integrated soundcard and I paid extra to get the none integrated soundblaster or whatever and the soundblaster is the one with the problems?!?

Back