Have a look at this system

version2

Here is a preliminary of the main components I am thinking of getting. Any feedback is appreciated.

KORON BY CHAINTECH,7AIA5 , VIA KT133A 200/266MHZ DDR AMD SocketA
Athlon (Tbird) 1GHz 266Mhz FSB 3DNow! Socket A 256K Cache
ECS SIS 315 Chipset 64MB SDRAM AGP
WD200BB 200BB EIDE IDE 20.0GB INT ATA/100 HD 3.5LP 9MS 2MB 7200RPM
512MB PC133 PC100 SDRAM 7.5ns Non-Parity Unbuffered 64x4 high density

I also found this mobo combo for $129.

MB-CPU COMBO PCCHIPS 830LR BRD AMD 1GHZ 266BUS SOCKET A & FAN

Has anyone had any experience with PC Chips mobo's? Specs look good...but you know how that is.

I had a PC Chips motherboard in the first PC I built, wasn't overly fast but was reliable for the couple of years I had it, then I moved to a Gigabyte then finally a KT7 which is nice but soooo uncompatible with the Maxi ISIS I had the misfortune to purchase....

richthirst said:
I had a PC Chips motherboard in the first PC I built, wasn't overly fast but was reliable for the couple of years I had it, then I moved to a Gigabyte then finally a KT7 which is nice but soooo uncompatible with the Maxi ISIS I had the misfortune to purchase....

You know...the company I was thinking of purchasing from is a little squirly. In one place it says PC Chips and in another is says ECS K7VZA. I am confused now.

Gonna have to *bump* this guys. I really need the advice. I cant afford to plop down cash for shit. :)

richthirst said:

The interesting part is near the bottom, the niggles - things to take into consideration when building your DAW.

Hope this helps,

Rich.

Thanks for finding the review. I am at a loss to what you mean by 'niggles'.

Damn local slang

Hehe, niggles - problems, things that bug you, things you find wrong with something.

And I was so good at English at school, where did it all go wrong...

Fisch Gestank said:
A buddy of mine had an Athlon Thunderbird 1.33 ghz, and he could barely play games cause the thing overheated like crazy. Just a warning...

Too late. Already ordered.

But with a nice BIG fan. :)

Back