Is it the hard disk?

leinad_kpg

Hi i was recording a song for some school, a little problem has cropped up, for me i think its the hard disk but i'm not sure.. when i start recording i hear a short noise like of a scratched audio CD and when i stop and listen from the same point its not there and again during playback the same thing happens at another part of the song and again when i listen to the same part its not there..... i'm really concerned whether i would get th same noise when i bounce it and finalise the audio. i'm not sure what is the problem so please help.......i know there must be someone who can help me ........ i'll try and upload the audio later.
thanks in advance.

Well a bounce will only take you a couple of minutes so why didn't you try that out first?

If you think it's the disk, what is your setup??? (we're not psychic...)
If you are working off your boot disk its certainly possible.

Tim's right; Bounce it to find out.

That's a common thing though if your computer is under pressure and your buffer setting is quite low.

ProTools for one has an "ignore errors during playback" option, and this is the result.
When bouncing it'll either bounce perfectly, or abort giving you an error message, most likely about adjusting buffer size.

Well a bounce will only take you a couple of minutes so why didn't you try that out first?

If you think it's the disk, what is your setup??? (we're not psychic...)
If you are working off your boot disk its certainly possible.

i'm using Maudio Delta 1010lt with Mackie cfx12 just to get the signal in to the sound card and also a li'l bit of preamp, i've got twi HDs one in which i have the OS, DAW & plugins and the other that's used for recording......

Tim's right; Bounce it to find out.

That's a common thing though if your computer is under pressure and your buffer setting is quite low.

ProTools for one has an "ignore errors during playback" option, and this is the result.
When bouncing it'll either bounce perfectly, or abort giving you an error message, most likely about adjusting buffer size.

Thanks for reminding me , speaking of playback errors i frequently get this error code -9500 and today while trying to playback my project after launching pro tools for the first time i got this code -9514 what do you think about the problems that i have .... do you also get DAE errors plez help need a solution quickly.

Back