Great VST Soft Synths?

swindle

I have played around with a few soft synths and they've all been 'create your own sound from scratch' types of programs (eg., Reaktor, Sound Forum etc.).

Are there any soft synths out there that are basically virtual versions of the Triton or Karma or the new Roland Fantom? I'm looking for a VST instrument that's loaded with great preset sounds like these keyboards are (rather than one where I need to construct my own sounds). Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.
Swindle
Brooklyn, New York

Well, Reaktor does allow to create your own sounds rom scratch but it had loads of presets too. It took me a bit of playing around with it to work out how to find them but the demo I have has hundreds.

Reaktor's little bro, Dynamo, is like its older brother but in that you cant create your won sounds it just has loads of presets.

I hear TASSMAN is also good but Computer Music seemed to think that a soft synth called "Infinity" by a Canadian company was due to be the next biggest thing. www.squest.com

As for the Karma etc there are no soft versions of these as to bring out a software version would be to undermine the sales of the no doubt more profitable hardware versions but it's early days for sft synths so who knows!

I found a few simple but effective free soft synths on Slackmaster's list. www.slackmaster2000.com :p

I'l tell you what I'm looking for specifically, great bass lines.

Of these mentioned software synths, do any of them include a healthy collection of THICK, low, booming, funk-type BASS presets for bass lines?

Too many soft synth bass sounds I've heard are weak, transparent and bland. Or they're not even bass at all, they're just lowered synth leads. Where are those incredible bass sounds???

Yamaha XG

i use a yamaha XG sftware synth. Ithas over 500 sounds and even alot of good basslines (sine lead, blew out my rockford 12's). Also you can get the roland sound canvas but it kinda sucks cause the sounds play at a delay which really pissed me off, cause i bought the first and upgraded version and haven't used either one to make a song because of that. But I would recommend tha yamaha XG and the banks are importable via cakewalk, and they play with no delay and even have reverb, chorus and flanger. the sounds are just like having a actual expensive $1200 yamaha keyboard.

holla atcha boooooooy!

I still say the Reaktor. Especially the Cube X and ManyMood synths that are on it. They give killer bass lines. Deep and clear and the soudn quality is the best of any software synth which I have heard thus far.

There are a few good free, but more limited, software synths I have downloaded off the net although I sort of forget.. where I got them... try www.pluginspot.com

*Man, went to see an eye surgeon this morning in Manchester. He gave me drops which have dilated my pupils and made me mega sensitive to light. I'm in a net cafe here in manchester waiting for a traion home but it is a sunny day and I am blind as a bat... people think I'm trippin'!*:cool:

Back