Good Wireless / Bluetooth Mouse for DAW in Windows?

gvdv

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but if it is not, I am sure that this will be moved to a more appropriate one.

I was thinking about getting either a wireless or bluetooth mouse for use with my DAW of choice (Reaper), in Windows 10, with my laptop, and am wondering if people have any recommendations.

I am theorizing that it will be easier to navigate with a mouse than using the trackpad on my laptop.

In a recent thread related to this on the Reaper forums, someone suggested using the same kind of mice that gamers use.

So, should I go Wireless (putting USB dongle into computer) or bluetooth?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree here by thinking of going wireless or bluetooth, and should I just be thinking about a good old wired mouse?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have dabbled with this over the years.
When son (he played, I soldered and paid) and I shared a room with a PC each we both had a wireless keyboard and mouse (15 quid jobs PCWorld). Never a problem and they would work 20feet away so as to escape a noisy PC.

I can understand a wired mouse on a laptop but why wireless? You cannot see the screen from 20 feet! In any case, the data rate down a kbd/mouse is SO slow that you can extend the USB cables almost ad.inf!

Would not use BTooth but standard wireless drivers seem harmless to music PCs, as against wireless NETWORK systems that can grab huge amounts of resource.

Dave.

Back