Glitch and distortion noise in my recordings

eclips1

I'm trying to track a song in Vegas which I have done 100 times, but for some reason after I record and when I play back the tracks they have little glitches and distortions in the audio files. I can see them when I zoom way in on a wave. I use Vegas with a delta 1010. I though mabey my soundcard was malfunctioning, so I went into wavelab and tracked a highhat for 30 seconds(this was one of the tracks with the glitches and distortion) and it was fine. I'm thinking this might be a problem with communication between my soundcard and Vegas, but I don't know what to check. Any help or feed back would be appreciated.

I am having similar issues. I am recording 8 tracks of drums at once through my 1010 and the sound stutters from time to time during the recording process, and when that happens my entire drum take comes out distorted. I may have a cpu performance issue, but very annoying none the less. Is this a known 1010 problem? My levels are just right, not too hot. Interseted to read more replies if there are more of us having this problem out there. Thanks all!

stuttering while recording is usually:

too slow of a hard drive
driver issue
irq issue

Thanks for the replies. No my signals weren't too hot, and my sounds were coming from sound modules via 1/4 ". I think it was a hard drive issue. I have a 7200 rpm 20 gig ide drive, but it was almost full so I eraesed 4 gigs and that's when the problem started. I defraged( which I hadn't done for 3 months). I thought defraging was to help read files off my drive, I didn't think it effected recording in?? The problem persisted, but then I rebooted my box and it started working. I don't know why???

does vegas have cpu and disk meters? would downloading a cakewalk pro audio or sonar demo and using its meters help? have you used 'DSKBENCH' to measure sustained throughput performance of your drives? http://www.prorec.com/prorec/downloads.nsf/title?openview&count=1000

what 1010 drivers are you using? is your mouse on usb? is your modem disabled? do you have a pci graphics card? post back, these unwanted artifacts in your audio could drive you insane and we don't want that.

I have a Delta 66 and was having static problems while recording in Vegas Video or Sound Forge. I also have n-Track but could not reproduce the static problem. Thanks to Zombie King's suggestion of uninstalling the Delta multiclient drivers (using the M-Audio uninstaller) and installing an older version, the static disappeared.

Like you, my problem just seemed to appear after working wonderfully for 2 months. I had uninstalled the latest driver and reinstalled the version before, but I was still getting static so I didn't suspect the driver. After Zombie King's suggestion, I uninstalled that version and went back 1 more, and no static.

Back