general recording question

icej

I have recently purchased a home recording system:

Dell P4 Computer
Digi001 midi interface
ProTools LE
Kurzweil Mark 10
E-mu Proteus 2000

I've successfully recorded tracks into the system and can get the output to play out of the Proteus (speakers and headphones).

What I'd like to do next is take this mix and record it on to a CD. How do I go about doing this. Can I use my existing hardware or will I be required to buy more equipment? (I have a CD burner on the PC itself). I can't seem to find any options within ProTools to be able to do this, so was just wondering if anyone else had prior experience.

I realize this may not be the detail needed to answer this question, but without boring you with to many details, I'll keep it brief and expand if needed.

Thanks in advance,

icej

Im no expert, but here's a start... if you have a CD burner (not just a reader) on your PC then you probably have some burning software that came with it, like "Adaptec Easy CD Creater" which is usually distributed with burners.

If you can create .wav files (and other formats) with ProTools LE then make one file for each track you wanna burn, fire up the burner software, and just read the .wav files in, adding them to a new CD. Burn away. Use CD-R type CDs (not RWs) for creating audio CDs.

If you don't have the burning software, then you can download it from http://www.roxio.com

-jk

Sorry. Totally off-topic, IceJ, but I noticed you are using the Digi 001 on a Pentium 4. Could you tell me what operating system you are using and whether you like your set up? I also have a pentium 4, and use windows 2000. I can't change operating systems and it doesn't look like the Protools LE software is compatable with windows 2000. This has made me hesitant to go in the protoools direction. How do you like it?

Back