Gee....

MadStrum!

I just plugged a karaoke mic directly into the soundcard..by god... it sounds worse than the little computer mic!!
How can this be?

Pier.

No surprise there... a "karaoke" mic??? Isn't that about as useful as a Radio Shack mic? We're not talking quality here.... Walmart sells "recording" mics (cheapie Sony/Audio-Technica/etc...) for $24.95 - they're about as good-sounding as a pair of NS-10s with blown tweeters.... ;)

Bruce

well...... thats true.... it is a karaoke mic........ but if it sounds worse than your PC mic..... thats odd..... but U might wanna start using your PC mic for karaoke hehehe, but U shouldn't expect a brilliant sound from a karaoke mic as bvaleria said........

A Shure SM58 would be a good change,

Sabith

I think it's because it's a 10 buck mic... heehe.
But I expected it to sound better than the computer mic...
Really like to get a mixer and a good microphone, but just cannot afford it right now. Sigh.

Pier.

karaoke mic

I suspect the problem is one of intentional design. Meaning one mike is designed to transfer voice, as accurately and as CHEAPLY as possible, period. Whereas the karaoke mic is designed to be "kinder" to the harsh, nasal, tone-dead, whatever by taking the "edge off".

By the way, my problem, in case anybody was interested was a BIOS setting....

Back