Gadgetlabs

gidman

These guys have gone out of buisness. I hate it because I bought their Wave 824 package. I think that the wave line is high quality equipment and does a fine job of recording.
Anybody out there want to get rid of their gadgetlabs
wave 824 soundcard and I/O? I wanted to buy a second card and I/o from them...

http://www.gadgetlabs.com/

you can have mine

I listed mine under used equipment but if you want it you can have it!

$650 CDN obo and you pay for shipping.

will come with original receipt, and all packaging. everything is in mint condition!

just let me know!

Nuss,
Have is free and $650 is too much. Mine didn't cost me but $500. If you still have it after christmas I'll buy it from you, but not at $650...we'll have to negotiate the price.

Gidman

They were running between $300 and $350 (US) used before they went tits up. It would be tempting if the prices started dropping below that....but then there is no chance of support...no chance of any more driver development...hmmmmmm.

Slackmaster 2000

I'll use mine until it won't work anymore.
Where was Janus when I needed them.
Wish I knew they were in trouble before I bought their product. At least I wasn't an investor.
So I'm not out too much if it quits tomorrow.
I would still like to have a second one irregardless.

i have the wave 496 this card is the best sounding card yet i hate that they went out of business if anyone wants to sell their 496 let me know. to all owner of gadget cards why would you get rid of a great card you don't have to upgrade every time some new o.s.comes out or new plug in etc i still run 98 i guess when win 2001 comes out time to upgrade again if your system is running and recording with no problem keep tracking,but then again no upgrade no bbs.

Is that $500 canadian or US?

If you got it for $500 Canadian then please tell me where!

anyhow, it did say O r B est O ffer (obo)

but dont try and gouge me! (I am fair but5 i paid $1000 Canadian for it!

Nuss,
That was $500 US. I don't know what the coversion is from CAN to U.S.
How can I gouge you? You can say NO deal.
Any how the value of the equipment has dropped since there is no support. No future driver development...etc etc
All gadgetlab customers have been screwed.
You and I can work out an agreeable price?

Gidman

My 824 with spdif hasn't dropped in price. I wouldn't sell it for anything less than $1000 now that they are rare.

Gadgetlabs Wave/824

I would say they aren't worth much with out being able to update the drivers.
Unless you are a programmer.
I have found 3 people who are bailing out @ $200,$250and $300.
I am glad I bought the connecting wires to connect two soundcards.I want a second to be able to record 16 channels at once.
I love my 824. I wish I could get their specs, schematics
and software and market it myself.
I wonder if anyone bought them out and they are coming out with a revamped/renamed version?
I would say that they did a poor job of marketing such a fine product.They took the carvin approach, having no dealers.Direct only. I would say that was their downfall.
They were just building a good reputation.
Then BAM another one bites the dust.
They only thing that I would change is being having XLR connections in all 8/8 I/O's.

Gman

Hey Gidman,

Sorry, I didnt mean to imply that you would gouge me!
I am sure that we could work out an agreeable price.

The conversion rate is bobbing around 1.40 right now.
You can reach me at hurt27@home.com or jwpauze@home.com

Long Live the Wave...

I have a Wave 824, bought mine for $499 US not long before they went out of business. I also wish I had bought a second, its a great product, but I can get by with just
one.

I certainly don't consider myself "screwed". It is an excellant product and I'm getting great use out of it. It would have been nice if they were sold in stores, but that would have raised the price. Hopefully the product will be bought out and picked up by someone else.

As they were one of the few companies to provide both NT and Win95/98 drivers for their products, and the drivers seem to be bug free, I think the product will be viable for several years. Remember, most products only have a one year warrenty anyways, after that it is almost always better off to buy new technology than to fix broken old stuff.

My hats off to the company... hopefully their employees will land on their feet.

Back