Fruity Loops rendering final audio recording Issue please read need help

joshbaggett396

Ok, so I don't have the newest version of fruityloops, I'm pretty certain I have version 10.something. I have my song mixed with the right sound levels on each instrument/channel, and have had it mixed correctly since day 1 of making it. But when I render the song as the audio recording, it comes out sounding very messed up. The bell instrument overrides in volume exceedingly when I press play after adding the song file to itunes. Then the song still sounds messed up - muted, lowered volume in the rest of the song/instruments, and the bell instrument overrides the volume of everything else whenever it comes back in, after which the volume is lowered/suppressed. There's an issue of the instruments each having a drowning-out effect on the rest of the sound (like when the drum hits) but most of all with the bell instrument.Please understand I am an extremely meticulous person and I have tried many things for this issue; I've been very thorough in my efforts to fix it. I've come to think that this is just messed up and the error is with the program; an error for no damn reason. I can go down a list of all the things I've tried, but that would take quite a few sentences or even multiple paragraphs. The issue is NOT clipping. The aforementioned bell instrument doesn't clip! If it was clipping, it would raise the audio bar to an orange level near the top which is Never reached (not even close) at any time when the song is played/during playback.

It makes no sense for the bell instrument to overpower and for the render to turn out this way every time because all the volume levels are specifically set and that instrument is specifically set to go from 10 to 19 and never any higher! If it never sounds this messed up way at any time during playback, then why should this happen?! It drives me nuts. Please help me FL Studio experts!

There's a possibility that there is some very heavy compression going on somewhere. I don't know FL at all, but is it possible that the rendering is adding in compression somehow?

Not sure but I do have Fruity Limiter on the master track. Someone else suggested this that there is a Limiter on the master track compressing the sound. Thanks

Bump.

The issue is not the limiter or effect plugins because I tried rendering it making sure to disable effect plugins for the bell instrument and that no effect plugins could be causing the problem, and it came out the same.

Here is an updated post from the same topic I posted on KVR audio forums:

I rendered it without the bell and it sounded the way it is supposed to sound. This is a stupefying problem. The synthesizer responds/registers its fade in (volume) which is written/programmed into the track's composition - however the bell instrument doesn't at all and stays the same overly loud volume the whole time in the render. The bell instrument isn't programmed to fade in from nothing/zero volume but it is programmed to start at 10 volume for two bars after which it fades in to 19 volume. It doesn't register the sound dynamics and levels at all and the instrument seems to just override those specifications somehow. I've tried almost everything and tried several more things since I last posted, making sure there were no sound effect plugins causing the problem - effects had been enabled on the bell instrument as one of the only instruments with effects enabled, but it still came out the same. No matter what I do, the bell always comes out at an overriding loud volume and stays the same volume for the song's duration.

I was just thinking perhaps this may be something to do with note velocity which "sampler" channels apparently respond to - but I still don't think that would explain why the instrument will not register the volume dynamic specifications.

Back