Fruity Loops - how to export ONLY ONE separate track?

YanKleber

Retired
OK, I know how to export ALL tracks in FL to use them in Reaper.

The problem is that once in a while I have to make a slight change in ONE track and I would like to have the ability of re-export only this track without to mess with the other ones. I have tried two different approaches but them both has failed:

1) Unselect the instruments in the step sequencer: it still will export the tracks, they only will be silented.
2) Turn off the undesired channels in mixer: it will delete the existing tracks that you unselect.

One thing I have noticed is that when you export tracks it first saves ALL the 100 mixer channels (yeah, it generates all the 100 wav files in the output folder) and after it deletes the wav files that weren't in use. Till where I can see this is a destructive method that per se would make impossible to export individual tracks.

The 'solution' I have found is to export the whole set of tracks to a temporary folder (to avoid overwriting of the tracks) and then manually copy the desired tracks to the actual work folder. I think that this is a caveman solution though. Also FL doesn't 'remember' the folder where you exported the last time, so you have to find the temporary folder every time you export it again - therefore it is not a method to use late at night when you are really tired because a single 'oops' may ruin your work folder.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mute all the others and render?

I never thought of it. Just as simple as brilliant! Thank you very much, Jonny. While there is still the work of erase the old track and rename the rendered file to replace it, this method is completely idiot proof against the risk of overwrite a track (or worse, all of them) accidentally. Also, to render the file with a single track is too much faster than export all channels.

:)

Better yet, solo your one track, and export as either a mono or stereo mixdown. Less clicking on mute buttons that way.

Back