Friends Bday, guitar recording device advice

lilBrobec

Hey all! I've been playing music for years (piano and bass primarily) and have recently gotten into editing, mastering my recordings and just taking taking joy in the art of it all. I've been posting in very product specific forums and just stumbled across this one i think it's awesome.

Question is:

My friend's birthday is coming up, he loves playing guitar and we've been playing together for years, let alone grew up together, and I want to buy him some sort of recording device.
I'm thinking portable, recordable on the hardware itself, as well as live recording features to record via usb onto his computer. I myself have used Tascam us-144 we don't need multi-track recording this is for his own personal use. I realise you can't record on this hardware unit but its well rounded otherwise for recording on his comp, though there's no outlet for his amp to be used at the same time, which would be a nice feature.
I've looked at devices like Tascam Dr-07 But I have no idea whether units like this alow live recording to his computer, otherwise it would be perfect.

SO thanks for reading my rant, I've been putting alot of thought into it and any suggestions are more then appreciated :-)

(please redirect me if I'm posting in the wrong neighborhood)

Back