FREE Multi Track Editing Software?

Snowman999

I have a thread regarding the Melodyne 4. I'm looking for a FREE multi-track software that I can use Melodyne 4 as plug in effect to fix my vocal, and export in the same quality.

I'm not a techy. So, looking at the features is Chinese to me.

This is one that popped up. Would this allow me to do what I want?

MixPad Makes Mixing Audio, Music and Voice Tracks Easy

If this will not. Does anyone know a free multi-track (2 or 4 is fine) software that will.

THANK YOU!

I'm not sure what its capabilities are as far as MIDI processing and plug-in hosting.

One possibility would be to use Tracktion; the T5 version is free.

REAPER might be another option, although it isn't free.

REAPER might be another option, although it isn't free.

It's nagware, so you can try it for 30 days to see if it does what you need. Then it will just nag you once per boot up until you pay for it.

It supports ReWire and all those other protocols, so it should play nicely with melodyne

It's nagware, so you can try it for 30 days to see if it does what you need. Then it will just nag you once per boot up until you pay for it.

I know, but I feel bad using something after the free trial period. :)

Except I do still use SynthFont from time to time. It's in kind of a gray zone-- it's shareware and nags you to pay or make a contribution, but the version I use is supposed to be free, so I don't feel like I'm stealing by continuing to use it two or three times a year. ;)

The nice thing about REAPER (aside from its very reasonable licensing fee) is that most of the people here use it, so there should be plenty of help available.

Melodyne isn't cheap, so odd you spent loads on this, yet want a free multitrack? How about Audacity? It's a brilliant piece of software for free, and while you will have to check for compatibility with melodyne, Audacity is fine with post common plugins. Worth a look?

Melodyne isn't cheap, so odd you spent loads on this, yet want a free multitrack? How about Audacity? It's a brilliant piece of software for free, and while you will have to check for compatibility with melodyne, Audacity is fine with post common plugins. Worth a look?

Thanks. I actually bought Melodyne version 1 or 2 many years ago. I'm looking for a free multi-track because essential won't work on my old G5, and while you can drop in many files, they all show up on the same edit line. Which is an awful way to work.

I don't need a DAW to actually mix. Pro Tools on my G5 works great, I've been using it for years.

Tracktion is a free DAW that's doing a great job with melodyne essential.

Back