Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Vs apogee jam

Trubster

Starting of slowly. Have been using a straight 1/4 inch guitar jack to USB into Logic for recording guitar. Looking to get a better interface and looking around both of these seem to have good reviews. Would be looking only to record guitars no vocal as my guitar playing isn't the best but singing is likely to get me arrested. Any advice from any body who has used these would be great or other suggestions.
Cheers

Hi Trubster,

Speaking from the Focusrite side of things, the 2i4 is generally more suited towards guitarists - Simply because both inputs have a -10dB pad which is a really useful little feature if your guitar input is particularly hot/high.

Hope this helps! If you've got anymore questions, let me know!

All the best,

Miles

I use the 2i2 for guitar without any problems. Works fine with OSX and Logic.

I have an Apogee Jam that I occasionally use with my iPAD, but not for any "keeper" recordings.

J

Thanks for the replys. Really appreciate it. JMac52 interesting to hear your thoughts since you have both. I take it apogee with iPad for ease of use and focusrite for more serious stuff. Miles wasn't aware of the -10dB pad.
Looks like I need to check out the focusrite in more detail. Seems to be probs what I am after as I have a cheap and cheerful Tiger interface for the iPad already.
Cheers
T

The Jam and GarageBand on the iPad is part of what got me started on the home recording road journey. I thought when I got the iMac, the 2i2 and Logic X, I would still be plugging into the iPad to mess around or capture some ideas, say when my wife is using the iMac. That's why I bought the Line 6 keyboard, so I could go both ways. But she still hasn't migrated away from her Windows laptop, so I have the workstation to myself and it's just as easy to plug into the AI and fire up Logic, pick an amp sim patch and start playing...

J

Back