Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 (HELP)

Pr0spect

I've got Windows 7, 32 Bit.

I basically can't get the Audio interface to work,

I Installed the disc with the audio interface, turned off computer, plugged firewire in and turned computer on.

The Firewire powered the Saffire Pro but it didn't show up as connected when I looked in device manager?

And when I opened the program with the saffire pro it said hardware not connected connect firewire cable?

Someone said to go in bios and enable firewire but I can't see anything to do with firewire in bios?

Please help, thanks guys!

have you tried this?

Unplug your Saffire LE

Open Computer Management, go to Device Manager.

Expand IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers

At this point you probably see Texas Instruments OHCI compliant controller or something

Right click on it and click Update Driver Software

Then click Browse my computer for driver software

Then click let me pick from a list

You should get at least three options.

Select 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)

Let that install.

Once it's done, reinstall the Saffire LE 1.3 drivers (this step possibly optional)

Now plug the device back in

I'm in the same situation here. I can't get the interface FW to light up. I have installed the Focusrite Mix Control on their website, restarted, plugged the interface into the FW port 1394 at the back of my windows 7 desktop and the driver is not showing under device manager. It list the FW as "VIA 1394 OHCI Complaint Host Controller". Has anyone figured this out?

This is taking from Focusrite website: http://global.focusrite.com/answerb...ewire-chipset-is-compatible-with-my-interface

I have scan my computer using the avaliable tool. It seems to me my firewire is compatible with the pro 14. Dont know why it's not detecting the hardware.

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 [6.1.7601]
CPU(s):
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3520 @ 2.67GHz
Physical: 1
Cores: 4
Logical: 4
L1 Cache: 32 KB (8)
L2 Cache: 256 KB (4)
L3 Cache: 8192 KB (1)
Installed RAM: 6135 MB

Microsoft 1394ohci.sys [6.1.7601.17514]
Microsoft ohci1394.sys [6.1.7600.16385] 氨来捡⥹
Microsoft 1394bus.sys [6.1.7600.16385] 氨来捡⥹

Looking for OHCI 1394 Host Controllers...

1:
Vendor : (1106) VIA Technologies
Chipset: (3403) VT6315/VT6330
Revision: 00
Details:
Subsysten VendorId: 1043
Subsystem DeviceId: 8384
Max # isoch Rx contexts: 4
Max # isoch Tx contexts: 8
Max 1394 Speed Capability: S400
Support: Compatible, no known issues.

Done.

Last edited:
Audio interfaces are VERY picky about what firewire chipsets they use on Windows computers.
VIA may work but mostly not.
Texas Instruments chipsets are the gold standard (companies like Motu will tell you they REQUIRE them).

If you are having problems you need to install a TI-chip firewire card (SIIG and Belkin are known standards).

Years ago when I bought a laptop I knew I was getting a Motu828mkII and they require TI chips, so I made
sure the laptop had them. Never had any problem with it at all.

Back