Focusrite Owner thinking of changing

jpb123

Hi ,

I've got a focusrite forte interface and it's been working quite well for the last few months. However the display has gone and the interface is no longer recognised by the laptop !!

I have contacted the place I bought it and focusrite , they said they would take it back and the shop has said they would swap or give me another brand.

I use Cubase so was wondering if I went for a Steinberg ur44 wold I be taking a serious downgrade in quality compared to the forte ??
Is there anybody out there who may have used both interfaces ? If here are I would be interested to know your thoughts !!

Regards

John

I forgot to mention that I wasn't unhappy with the forte but , 2 headphone out's and dsp effects are very appealing.

The Forte has been discontinued AFAIKS, certainly Sweetwater say so and therefore I would have their hand off if offered a replacement. The Steinberg range have only attracted a good rep' to my knowledge.

Plus! I assume you will get Cubase. What's not to like?

Dave.

this is a 2-input interface? I use the AudioBox USB and have been satisfied. no cpu problems, latency problems, or any issues i can identify.

Another suggestion if two inputs are all you need and that's the Tascam UH-7000. I've been very impressed with it's sound the past few months.

Back