firewire

Hmmm...

I believe only if the price of the firewire pehriprials (or however you spell the darn word) come down...they're unreally expensive!!! If that was to happen, I'd be all over firewire...until then, the less expensive USB. I don't really think it will ever catch on. USB will probably eventually surpass it, I think. We'll see though. I'm definitely not an expert. heh.. later!!

In HIM,

Brandon Buell

Well, It kind of depends on what firewire peripheral you want to use. "My guitarist":D is right firewire is kind of spendy. If your looking at a firewire harddrive, The current crop is'nt really any faster than UW SCSI. The 400Mbps you see with firewire is a burst rate. There is ofcourse IDE but I think your stuck with internal there. Probably not a problem though for some people. I like to use external drives for my audio. USB is'nt really fast enough for audio recording. With MIDI, USB is kind of prone to stuck notes and sudden bursts of MIDI activity. But other than an older setup with serial ports or a setup with firewire, you really don't have much of a choice other than USB with MIDI interfaces. Other than that I agree everthing "My guitarist" said. ;)

T.J.Hooker:cool:

Back