firepod vs. delta 1010lt

tylerxxx

im new to the computer recording world, and ive been looking at stuff, and asking around on here, and now i have this question.

which would be better, a firepod, or using a delta 1010lt with a mixer or pre's or whatever?

thanks

Firepod firepod firepod. All the way my friend.

Although i have nothing against the 1010, the Firepod has excellent pres.

Thinking about it, its quite a jump your taking there.. The 1010lt is only around £150 where as the Firepod is £450ish? If you meant the Firebox, which is the smaller version of the Firepod, then that is still a good choice. Quality little unit which works well.

Good luck!

second the friepod, I`ve had mine for a few weeks, and its really sweet.
easy to operate, good quality sound, and very nice pre`s.

It depends on what you're after. If you were just going to use a mixer for pres anyway then the firepod could be a good choice. It's pricey but you get your AD/DA conversion, preamps and a nice bit of software. And the breakout box looks nice and tidy. Adding mic pres and software to the 1010LT would make the overall price much nearer to that of the firepod.

I use a 1010LT because personally I like to have different pres for different things and the ability to upgrade pres when I want to. With the firepod you're just stuck with those same 8 pres for everything.

I generally try and buy individual things that do one job and do it well (probably a hangover from using a fairly average 'all in one' recorder for a while), it makes life much easier when it comes to upgrading and also when something develops a fault, you don't have to replace the whole thing.

Also it's often the case that all in one units with lots of bells and whistles aren't great quality. Obviously there are exceptions though and I have heard good things about the presonus firewire interfaces.

Back