Firepod laptop/macbook users please read

elementary

Im trying to buy a new portable DAW and i was wondering if anyone successfully uses a macbook and firepod?

Its such a minefield trying to choose, Ideally i will use cubase studio 4 with a firepod and a macbook.

Does anyone else use a firepod with a laptop succesfully without drop outs or clicks and if so what make/model?

Thanks for the patience:)

I've searched like crazy and just get conflicting info.

Maybe a sticky of interfaces and compatible machines would be a good idea?

A common FP issue is bad sync with non-Texas Instruments based Firewire PCI cards...
Myself and other members use another brands too (like VIA), but TI seems to be the safest choice...

Anyway, here´s some other hardware Incompatibility from Presonus site...

• ATI RADEON 9000/9001 IGP video chipset. Symptoms are consistent clicks and pops during audio playback. This video chipset is only found in PC laptops and is entirely integrated as the computer’s only video controller. We strongly recommend that you do not get a system with this chipset, as there is currently no workaround for this incompatibility.

• USB/firewire and s400/s800 combo cards are not compatible. Symptoms are usually no audio recording/playback but device will install and sync, erratic audio performance and rarely will not allow the device to install or sync. We recommend a firewire card that ONLY has s400 firewire connections and preferably with a Texas Instruments or VIA chipset.

• Firewire cards with NEC chipsets are not compatible. Symptoms are similar or the same as combo cards.

HTH

Back