Firepod FP10 Outputs 1-8

Obi-Wan zenabI

I want to have my cake and eat it, too. Just got a Behringer XR 12 X Air. It's the best $250 I've ever spent on a new piece of kit.

My research told me that the outputs of my Firepod could be run directly into inputs 5-12 on the XR12. Some sources said that it should work all the time, some said only when not connected to a computer...

My experience is that I get zilch regardless.

Is this a firmware issue? It does seem that my Firepod has stopped talking to my XP machine, but it will still sync to my Windows 7 rig. In my online travels I found an FP 10 firmware update page that had a strong admonishment to not attempt with anything but an XP machine. I'm thinking my old Firepod certainly has one of the older firmware versions since it is a pre FP-10 name change.

I do think that the pres are excellent on it, long may it run.

Help, wisdom, or commiseration is appreciated. I've been away from Dragon's antfarm for a while; but my kids are old enough to start the recording experience, and I want the studio up and running for their teen years.

o-wZ

One thing you can do is make sure you have the most current drivers. FP10 is discontinued, but the latest drivers (5.13) are here:

FP10 | Downloads | PreSonus

Those drivers work on XP, Win7 and W10.

Run the file (should be called "PreSonus_FirePod_FP10_Installation.exe")
It will ask where you want to extract to, specify a folder you can get to easily and click "Install"
It will now tell you "This Setup cannot run on the current operating system." No problem!
Open the folder that you extracted the setup to.
Right click on "setup.exe" and open "Properties".
Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
Check the box labeled "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and the dropdown to "Windows 7"
Click "Apply" and "Ok"
Run setup.exe

One thing you can do is make sure you have the most current drivers. FP10 is discontinued, but the latest drivers (5.13) are here:

FP10 | Downloads | PreSonus

Those drivers work on XP, Win7 and W10.

Run the file (should be called "PreSonus_FirePod_FP10_Installation.exe")
It will ask where you want to extract to, specify a folder you can get to easily and click "Install"
It will now tell you "This Setup cannot run on the current operating system." No problem!
Open the folder that you extracted the setup to.
Right click on "setup.exe" and open "Properties".
Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
Check the box labeled "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and the dropdown to "Windows 7"
Click "Apply" and "Ok"
Run setup.exe

Cheers.

Done that already. Old XP computer ain't what she used to be, I guess. Will try that again, but I got all the way to "unplug the interface, plug back in, and click next." It just wasn't seeing it.

Back