Finding a USB DAW for Sonar 8.5

Pinky

and The Brain...
Finding a USB interface for Sonar 8.5

Another thread here got me to thnking I would condense some of my equipment from a PCI M-Audio sound card and external mixer down to one USB device. I went with the PreSonus Audiobox USB, only to learn after I set everything up that Sonar 8.5 is NOT SUPPORTED. 8.5 does everything I need and have no interest is spending a couple hundred to upgrade to X1d or X2, in addition to a few other VSTs I would need to upgrade as well (for X# compatibility, already looked into it).

So I'm wondering if there's anyone on hr.com still using Sonar 8.5 with a USB interface and which one they use.

Last edited:
I have experience with ASIO4ALL, so I loaded it and everything seems to work fine. Guess I found my fix! :)

I have experience with ASIO4ALL, so I loaded it and everything seems to work fine. Guess I found my fix! :)

That doesn't make sense. I installed a Presonus (with its driver from the website) and the ASIO driver it comes with should work and work better than ASIO4ALL.

Try it again because you will get better ASIO performance with the original driver than the ASIO4ALL. There should be no compatibility issues as ASIO drivers should work with any DAW that supports ASIO.

Its a known Sonar compatibility issue. Its on their support forums. Asio4all seems to be working fine. Cakewalk Sonar X1d or newer supposedly works with their Asio drivers.

Last edited:
Back