Finalizer 96kb > Phillips Hi-Fi CD Recorder

xaruto

Hi, I'm having problems getting digital signal on my CD burner.

First of all here's what i'm using:

PC (Nuendo 4.3) > Mackie Analogue Mixer > Finalizer 96k > Phillips CDR

I connect the Analogue Mixer Outputs to the Finalizer Analogue Inputs and then tried :

Finalizer's Digital Output (coaxial digital cable) > Phillips CDR Digital Input
and
Finalizer's Optical Output (spdif toslink cable) > Phillips CDR Digital Input
...but i don't get any signal in the CDR.

I only have signal if i use Finalizer's Analogue Outputs to CDr's Analogue inputs but if i want to use digital...nothing!

My Finalizer 96k output is configured:
- Sample Rate conversion : off
- Mode 96
- Clock : Int 96
- Optical TOS

I'm sure i'm doing something wrong...i just don't know where!! :)

Can anyone give me a hint?

Cheers
Mario Raposo

Do you have the CD burner set to the digital input?

CD's are 44.1k 16 bit, you need to have the Finalizer running at 44.1k. I'm not sure how it handles the extra bits.

You need to have the CD burner set to slave to the spdif clock. (you can't have the CDs clock set to 'internal')

Hello Farview!
The CD Burner has 2 Digital inputs (Coaxial and Optical) and i select which i want.
The Finalizer's digital output is set to 96k (Double Sample Rate) which gives me a maximum of 2x 48khz.
The output is also set to 24 bits, do i have to "dither it" to 16 bits?

Thanks
Mario Raposo

Hello Farview!
The CD Burner has 2 Digital inputs (Coaxial and Optical) and i select which i want.
The Finalizer's digital output is set to 96k (Double Sample Rate) which gives me a maximum of 2x 48khz.
The output is also set to 24 bits, do i have to "dither it" to 16 bits?

Thanks
Mario Raposo
a consumer CD recorder will only handle 'redbook' CD info so it has to be 44.1 sampling and 16 bits.

Bob is correct, you can't feed a 96k signal to a CD recorder. You have to set it to 44.1k 16 bit, or the CD burner won't recognize the signal.

Back