Faulty Ram

peter miller

I have heard of many problems with pc's from different people and quite a few said that they found out they had faulty ram. How in the world do you check your ram????:eek:

PS----What would be the last program you would want sitting on your pc if you were using it as a DAW.If your in my situation, I may have to share my pc with other programs in the near future!! :confused: My pc doesn't perform pefect now , it will probably shite itself with other things on there!!!!:(

If you must share your DAW with other applications, consider dual boot. You will not regret it. NT for DAW, if your HW has NT drivers, and 98 or 2000 for the rest. There are detailed info on how to setup dual boot on the BBS - just search.

Last software I would have on a DAW; Windows98:) - program; a lot of "clever" background freeware to make your cursor go "boing", or whatever, when you move it around. Crap like that really messes things up.

As for how to check RAM, search some overclocking sites. Those freaks know a lot about HW:)

/Ola

Back