Fan for a fanless video card

If a fanless card heats up more than you like, might the situation be resolved by installing a small fan to cool it?
Has anyone here done that?

Thanks

How are you determining that it's heating up "more than you like"...?
What's your reference for "too hot"...?

I never bother with adding fans for a video card....but you could improve the overall cooling of the whole tower.
IOW...there are video cards thatr come with and ones that come without...I just let it go at that.

If a fanless card heats up more than you like, might the situation be resolved by installing a small fan to cool it?
Has anyone here done that?

Thanks

Yes! I did exactly this when I build my Asus/AMD 6core. The MOBO does not have OB graphics (done tell ya THAT in the 'zon ad DO they!) so I had a dash to Maplin to buy a card.
After a day or so I stuck a finger on it and found it too hot to touch and Speccy reported 55C so I bought a "Be Quiet" 80mm fan and just leaned it against a USB 3.0 PCIe card to blow at the graph card's sink.

All touchey/feeley now, runs about 30C tops. (s'pose I COULD make a bracket to jack the fan off the back plate but in truth, can't be arsed. IIABDFI?

Dave.

Dave, the make PCI slot fans. But I would just worry about keeping the tower cooled and refrain from touching the card ;)

Dave, the make PCI slot fans. But I would just worry about keeping the tower cooled and refrain from touching the card ;)

Ah! Well! I simplified a bit! I nicked an 80mm fan from another computer I was building for a grandson because I was quite worried at how hot the graph card got. Lobbed it in and it worked....THEN I bought another BQ for the project PC. and T.H.E.N! Various health/life issue kicked in and I have just not gotten around to doing a proper job! (in fact the Asus PC is in a cold bedroom/"stoodio" and I have not really used it since Crimble.)

Err? Are PCI slot fans v.v. quiet DM?
Dave.

Back