Ezdrummer vs. Superior Drummer

Atom Bomb

Wtf is a PRS
Anyne here use both or have expereince with both?

Does superior drummer have the drag and drop loops?

Addictive Drums is where its at.

More tone shaping Presets.

But getting back on topic:

Ez doesntt have Producer Presets ( the ability to shape the overall drum sound with eq, compression and reverb to mimic a specific style eg Chili Peppers, ACDC etc.

Superior Drummer does have the drag and drop midi - yes..and the Producer Presets

Last edited:
Not sure if we are talking about the same thing but EZ drummer has drag and drop MIDI. For example you can pick Rock/Pop and then it lists a bunch of "grooves" which are variations of beats. Then each groove will have several variations. You can then drop those into a MIDI track to build a complete drum track.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing but EZ drummer has drag and drop MIDI. For example you can pick Rock/Pop and then it lists a bunch of "grooves" which are variations of beats. Then each groove will have several variations. You can then drop those into a MIDI track to build a complete drum track.

yea i know. I got Ezdrummer. And was telling my buddy about it, but he kinda thought Ezdrummerl ooked a tad limited plus he was more intrested in the metal foundry over DKFH.

Don't ask.

It's a complicated issue. haha.

EZD is limited compared to SD 2.0. It depends on what your goals are. They both have drag n drop MIDI grooves. EZD's are more straightforward, SD's are a bit more stylized (funkier hi-hat rhythms and such).

The samples are much deeper and higher quality in SD 2.0, but the price reflects that. The sounds are more mix-ready in EZD but that also limits the amount of shaping you can do yourself to the sounds. SD 2.0's sounds are raw and ready to be shaped however you want, with plenty of awesome producer presets if you don't care to dive too deep into it.

I have experience with both, almost all the expansions (missing the Metal Foundry and the Music City SDX's) would be glad to answer any questions you have.

the best thing about SD2 is that its built in effects are sonalksis and are so good that you can get away without re-routing the drums to separate tracks within your daw

I dont have any expansion pack but i do find the samples, although great, a bit sparse...i mean when i programme even complicated beats they sound sparse in a mix...if that makes sense

BFD2 has to be a consideration too...i heard a yamaha kit, an expansion that comes with no cymbals you just use the oe ones, and it sounded about the best software drums ive heard really solid sounding

dont think youd go wrong with any of the three mentioned in truth

I dont have any expansion pack but i do find the samples, although great, a bit sparse...i mean when i programme even complicated beats they sound sparse in a mix...if that makes sense

Have you tried layering sounds? With the MIDI nodes and X-drum features you can create some of the beefiest kits you'll ever hear. Superior Drummer can be a lot of fun to just go into and tweak kits, I've got some really fun presets I've made.

I do agree that with the SD kits it does sometimes take a bit of finessing to get them to stand up and out in thicker mixes.

Have you tried layering sounds? With the MIDI nodes and X-drum features you can create some of the beefiest kits you'll ever hear. Superior Drummer can be a lot of fun to just go into and tweak kits, I've got some really fun presets I've made.

I do agree that with the SD kits it does sometimes take a bit of finessing to get them to stand up and out in thicker mixes.

to be honest I very rarely use acoustic kits...and recently Ive played about with Abbey Road 70's drums, blows everything ive heard out of the water so far

but yeah I layer quite a bit from doing electronic stuff..its just that the samples in the SD2 kit sound excellent on their own, you wouldnt imagine they need much manipulation, but imo they do

Im using it just now on a track funny enough...but Abbey Road 80's with roto toms! is beckoning me :eek: must comply, must comply!!

Hahaha yeah, those Abbey Road samples sound pretty sweet. I've got a bit of a problem with acquiring drum samples lol it's an addiction! They're definately on my to-buy list.

I think that's one vibe Toontrack is missing with their EZX/SDX expansions, a good "big" 80's kit. The Custom and Vintage SDX pack is very, very solid and I can tweak that or the New York kits to get that big 80's sound, but it'd be nice to have some good 80's drums in the SD 2.0 environment.

to be honest I very rarely use acoustic kits...and recently Ive played about with Abbey Road 70's drums, blows everything ive heard out of the water so far

but yeah I layer quite a bit from doing electronic stuff..its just that the samples in the SD2 kit sound excellent on their own, you wouldnt imagine they need much manipulation, but imo they do

Im using it just now on a track funny enough...but Abbey Road 80's with roto toms! is beckoning me :eek: must comply, must comply!!

You into NI stuff in general or just the drum packs ?

looks great

but I only really use FM8, Absynth, and Kontakt....it was under $300 at the time, thats why i bought it

just got Logic 9 this morning so got plenty to be going on but komplete 7 look a good deal i think Kontakt on its own is around $400! ;)

Yeah, it is and I really only want it for Kontakt but its only $150 extra for all the other software

Good luck with logic, a friend lent me the manual once when I was interested in upgrading from my entry level and it was as thick as a phonebook. Fuck that !

haha i like learning DAWs..ive got two as it is, Logic makes it three, and have demoed just about everything else

tried protools yesterday afternoon when I went to hand my Mac in....no big deal, though it was the LE version

haha i like learning DAWs..ive got two as it is, Logic makes it three, and have demoed just about everything else

tried protools yesterday afternoon when I went to hand my Mac in....no big deal, though it was the LE version

What the hell is wrong with Reaper using the Apollo or Butkis skin ? Its like a DAW from the future, but HERE ...TODAY. Lol :)

I can wholeheartedly recommend Komplete. I have Komplete 6 and use everything quite regularly. Kontakt probably the most as well as Battery 3. But the synths are incredible too. Guess it depends on what type of music you're making but I dabble in pretty much everything :)

Back